(by popular demand, I’m reposting this, my latest order is seen here!!)
I already talked about how buying Tsum Tsums from eBay can be risky, so I wanted to offer an alternative. What if your favorite character is only available from the Japan Disney Store? For a while now, I’ve been using a shopping service called From Japan.
*** Note: I bought these products on my own and was not paid or compensated. These opinions are my own. I have included an affiliate link where you get bonus points and so do I. ***
How does it work?
- Create an account
- On the right hand side, click the “Shopping” radio button.
- Select “Other Sites”
- In another window, open the Japan Disney Store or Japan Disney Tsum Tsum Store. Generally, your browser will ask if you want it to translate and that always helps.
- Go to the page for the item you want and then copy the link.
- Paste it into the From Japan Item URL box and name the item.
- Add all the items you want from the Disney Store.
- They then review and lump the items and in about a day or two you’ll get a total amount to pay including fees. This is payment 1.
- Once the items are shipped from the Japan Disney Store to From Japan’s warehouse, you’ll get a second invoice for the shipping to your country. This is payment 2.
- Your items arrive! YAY!
Notes and exclusions:
- This does not work for park specific items, just items in the disney store. Also the items must be in stock. It also won’t work on items that are released and then sell out immediately
- There are a number of fees. You can estimate them here. The prices are a little higher now than when I first posted because Disney Store Japan raised their prices. You can get them for ~$8.50 USD each these days.
- Obviously, ordering one or two small items will NOT be cost effective. Lump your items together as much as possible or go in with a friend. The fees would be totally disproportional if you only spent a little bit at once.
- It might take a while. It has to be shipped twice so don’t do this if you’re in an extreme hurry. I think the total process was about 2.5 weeks.
Let me know if you have any questions or if you have good or bad experiences with From Japan